We recognise the potential in all of our students, and as future leaders, we offer a range of opportunities and roles for students to become involved in leading others, influencing practice and embedding change.
We have a range of student leadership posts for students from years 7-13. Specific roles are targeted at specific year groups, but information about who can apply is available in the student leadership pack. We encourage all of our students with the qualities and aspirations to make a difference to life at our school to apply for a role and to take the opportunities presented to them.
What Are We Looking For From Student Leaders?
- A positive attitude towards the school, including commitment to the school aims and priorities.
- Their support of a range of school activities and events.
- Adherence to school uniform and presentation standards.
- An exemplary record in terms of SSA grades, attendance and punctuality
- A keen sense of responsibility.
- A high level of motivation including a willingness to work with and learn from their peers
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively
- Skills in Leadership and team work
- Reliability and dedication
- Ability to inspire other students and command the respect of their peers
- A positive role model
- Willing to assist others
- Willing to help coordinate/run specific events
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
If you think that these are skills and attributes you have, then we encourage you to apply by downloading an application pack or collecting a hard copy from student services.
Forms should be handed in to the Teaching & Learning Support (TALS) Office or to Mrs Scanlon.